Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Easy Decorated Halloween "Mantel"

Hello Again! 
I know it has been a while since I have posted on the blog.  Life has been crazy, hectic but I finally feel like things are slowing down.  I am excited because I can finally get back to sharing all my fun projects with you.  So here we go.......
 
 


My Halloween Table
 
Sadly, I don't have a mantel on my fireplace to decorate.  So instead, I decorate the area at the top of the stairs in our living room. 
I have the whole wall to decorate.  A nice blank slate to work with. 
 
I had planned to decorate last year but never found the time.  This year I was determined to get it done.  Here is the finished product. 
 


(I love it, don't you?)
 
Here is the breakdown of what I did......
 
Only a few of the items were purchased and untouched. 
 
The first was the clock.
 
I purchased this clock last year at Ross, on clearance, for $6. 
It was a perfect fit for Halloween.  The clock does work, but I left the battery out and put it on Midnight.  Since that is when the ghosts and goblins come out. 
 
Also, this sign.
Normally I would make my own, but I couldn't resist this one. 
It was 75% off after Halloween last year, which made it only $2. 
You know me, I can't pass up a deal like that.
 
 
Here are the items that I either refreshed or are homemade.
 
#1... was the Witches Hat.  This cute little hat my Mom found at the Goodwill. 
It was old and needed some love.
 
Here is what it looked like before:
 
 
I removed the flower buds and ribbon.
Gave it a fresh coat of paint and added a new bow. 
I had to keep "The Witch is in!" tag.  It was too cute not to.
 
Here is what she looks like now....
 
Quick and easy project.
 
#2.... My Framed E-E-K letters.
This was another quick and easy project. 
 
I found a font that I liked.  (I am a free font junkie!) 
The font I picked for this one is called Belshaw.  You can download it for free here!
Then all I did was cut out 3 pieces of fabric to fit the frames.  Traced the letters onto the fabric.  
I then used a Sharpie Paint Pen to color in the letters.
 
(you can find them at any craft store)
  Placed them in the frames and DONE!!!
 
#3.... The once Silver Serving Platter
 
Here is a quick breakdown of the platters transformation.
 
               
I bought this platter at the Goodwill for $2.       Painted it with black chalkboard paint.
Found the numbers that I wanted.          Traced them onto the platter.
    
 
Painted the numbers with some white craft paint and......
 
DONE!!!
 
 
#4..... The Witches Books
 
I had seen some books for sale online (here) and thought.... I can do that.  So I did!
I went to the thrift store and bought some old books. 
 I painted them with some black chalk paint, found a font I liked, and traced it on to the bindings of the books. 
Then carefully painted the letters with some off-white craft paint and......
 
(Oh, and added a little bottle of Witches Potion I purchased at Joann's.)
I think they are the perfect addition to my table.
 
#5  A few hand painted signs.....
 
          
I love to make signs out of old salvaged wood and have come up with an easy way to do them.
(tutorial coming soon)
 
#6  My Favorite Project of them all....
The Fabric Pumpkins
 
 
   
I love the way they turned out.  It was so simple and easy. 
For the tutorial on how to make these little pumpkins, click here !!
 
 
#7   To finish it off....
 I added this little bat table runner and a couple black crows that I picked up at the dollar store.
 
 
 
I couldn't be happier with the end result. 
 
 

 
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Have a safe and fun Holiday!!! Trick or Treat! 
 
How do you decorate for Halloween?  Do you go cutesy or scary and spooky? 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment